Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

You can make Cakes, Pies and Cookie Dough and freeze them ...

More prep for the Big Feast....
You can make your cakes, pies and cookie dough ahead of time and freeze them in ziploc freezer bags. You'll need to buy the 2-gallon bags for the cakes and pies.



If you mix up a batch or two of Chocolate Cookie Dough,use a medium size scoop to make cookie dough balls to freeze on a cookie sheet, then, once frozen, transfer to a Ziploc freezer bag to store in the freezer.



Tip: Everyone asks me "how" do I make my cakes taste so delicious and stay so moist, every time I bake a cake for a church function or to take to someone's home.
I prefer the "Butter Recipe Cake Mixes". Butter Recipe Chocolate was my all time favorite, but all the stores around here stopped carrying it.

I always tell them, even tho they don't think I use a box cake mix, that my secret is to always add a small box of instant pudding to the mix,(I use the "store brand"... along with 2 teaspoons of Pure Vanilla and I only bake my Bundt cakes for 38 minutes, max!!!

My favorite CHOCOLATE FUDGE ICING recipe is as follows:

1 bar Real Butter, melted only til it melts,then cooled
2/3 c. Cocoa powder
Mix well.
Then add:
1/3 c. Evaporated milk, in 3 increments , alternating with
3 c. powdered sugar, 1 cup @ a time, beating after each cup,
Then, add:
1 1/2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla or Pure Almond extract
Beat till fluffy and frost the cake.
PS in this pic,I had put a little bit too much milk and it made it
thin, but, it still tasted wonderful.



ps Try not to eat too much of the Frosting before frosting the cake.
ps If you heat the butter too much, your Frosting will turn into Fudge sauce (or candy) and you will have to drizzle it on the cake.
Delicious, both ways. If the sauce is too thick, just add a teaspoon more of
Evaporated Milk at a time and beat again.
enjoy,
Tamar

No comments:

Post a Comment