Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

HOMEMADE POTATO CHIPS

Last night, I fried some homemade potato chips.
They were fabulous and tasted like "Lays' potato chips ".
I realized that I can now make my own fresh chips like
the very expensive ones sold in the grocery store:
Jicama , Sweet Potato, and other root vegetables. This
is my daughter's boyfriend Lucas. He loves to cook too.
And I am teaching him some things.


I used the "thin slicer" attachment on my gorgeous,
fabulous Kitchen Aide standing mixer ( that my precious
Older Sister, Jan , bought for me 3 1/2 Christmas' ago.
I had been praying for months for God to please bless
me with a beautiful Kitchen Aide standing mixer for
Christmas , because I bake alot for other people and
for my daughter, Ashley and I had burned two regular
mixers because they were just not strong enough to
handle it.

My precious sister called me and said that she had gotten
a Bonus at work and that God had told her that she
should buy me a Kitchen Aide standing mixer ; it'd be
too much $ to ship such a heavy item so she went to
her local "Bed, Bath and Beyond and paid $300+ and
explained that she wanted to make it possible for me
to go to my local one and pick out my gift .
It just so happened that I had a coupon which I was able
to use and the mixer was on-sale and it was offered with
a coupon to get a free attachment, so I chose the slicer/
shredder and I use it all the time .


I think of my sweet sis
everytime I walk into my kitchen and see that gorgeous
Red Kitchen Aide mixer .

ps with all the coupons, and the sale price and the free
attachment, I saved enough to buy the ice cream attachment
too. God bless my sister for being so generous.

It only took 5 minutes to slice the thin potato chips.

A dear friend gave me her barely-used rectangualar
deep fryer and I absolutely love it. I make delicious
fried chicken in it.


Tip of the day: I used my salad spinner 3 times to extract
the excess water. It worked great!


When you are frying potatoes , even thinly sliced potatoes,
be sure to put the potatoes in one-handrul-at-a-time , so
that the hot oil does not "boil over" due to the fact that
hot oil and water don't mix. Trust me, it happened to me
and started a stinky grease fire . I had gotten $100 for
Christmas from my dear Father-in-law and I bought myself a
"Tater Twister" and almost caught the kitchen on fire. haha


After frying the potato chips, I salted them and on mine, I
sprinkled alot of red cayenne pepper.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment