Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

THE PERFECTLY BREWED SWEET TEA


I have discovered the perfect way to brew Tea is in the microwave
oven and it comes out tasting identical every single time, plus, you
never have to worry about a pot of Tea boining over on the stove,
which makes the Tea taste bitter if you boil it.

I use my 8 cup glass measuring cup (Pampered Chef)
and I fill it with 8 cups of cold water and 10 regular size Tea bags,
then I microwave it for 6 minutes. Once it is done, I let it "steep"
for 20 minutes or more.

Once it has steeped and is very dark brown, I remove the the Tea
bags and add 1 1/2 to 2 cups of sugar and stir briskly, until dissolved.
I then, pour the Tea into a funnel and into the Tea jug, then, I put the
bags back in the measuring cup and fill it with cold water and microwave
it for 3 more minutes, then let it steep.
Add it ti the Tea jug and shake well.

You can empty the tea bags and pour the wet tea grounds on your
garden as compost or simply discard.

No comments:

Post a Comment