Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

When money is Tight....


You all know that when money is tight, you have to get creative with whatever you're doing, be it cooking, decorating your home, storing things, or buying supplies that we all use everyday, such as paper towels....

My friend, Kim , has introduced me to something she is doing to eliminate paper towels completely and save money . Kim uses cloth napkins instead of paper towels that you just throw away and then have to haul to the dump or put in the trash recepticle every week, to be picked up at the end of your driveway.

I took it a step further and bought some large tablecloths that I found at my local 2nd hand store called " Second Source";which the proceeds go to help the unwed mothers in our area and helps the local Samaritan House (for abused women and children). I paid $2.00 for each one.
I got 24 dinner napkins/dish towels from the dark green checked tablecloth and 12
Autumn dinner napkins from the other tablecloth. Not bad, for only spending $4.00 total. The Autumn print dinner napkins will be saved for Thanksgiving and the others will be used for wiping up spills, dining, or washing and drying dishes.

I hope this inspires you.
Tamar

No comments:

Post a Comment