Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Antique Stores Aren't Just For The Rich






I like to browse through Antique Stores and find hidden Treasures. There is always something wonderful waiting to be discovered.

Last Fall,on our way back to Tennessee after visiting my Father who was about to pass away,we stopped at an Ole' Timey Store in Mississippi, just to stretch our legs on the long drive home. It was like stepping back in time 50+ years . I love this feeling. It instantly transports me to being a little girl again, waiting for my Daddy to get home from work so that I can kiss him and hug his neck. I asked the lady, behind the counter of this nostalgic store, if they had any of the gingerbread or spice cookies with the pink icing on top; it came 2 in a pack and had scallops all aound the rectangular cookies . She did. I told her that my Precious Daddy used to buy them for me and him sometimes on his home from work. It was nice. I bought one to eat and one to keep as a reminder of my Dad's thoughtfulness . (I will try to remember to take a picture of the cookies soon and upload them.)

I sure do miss him and Momma. They are in heaven now.
Enjoy the time you have with the ones you love and be sure to mend all fences while you still
can . I am so grateful to God that Momma and I mended our fences a long time ago.

Add Image
While browsing,I uncovered a basket of Silver and Silverplated dinner utensils. The large spoons were oversized but, not serving spoons and the forks were huge too. They look like they were from 100 years ago and might have well been from that long ago. I love the patina on them. I like to display them . For some reason, I am so taken with the things of long ago. I bought some large spoons @ $.50 each .
I once was at the Salvation Army and found some similar dinnerware for $.10 each . I don't think that they realized what they had .
I was quite happy.

I also bought a Silver gravy boat at the 2nd hand store for $2.00 and a brand new copper collander for $2.00 at Goodwill. I saw the same exact collander at a kitchen gadget store for $22. Not bad, hon?
Tamar

No comments:

Post a Comment