Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

BBQ'ing in bulk

Some may think it's rather strange, but, when I fire up the grill, I get my money's worth out of it. I like to marinate chicken strips or chicken breasts, marinate baby back ribs, marinate country style ribs, and cook a whole chicken, and lastly, I marinate steaks for the grill, and I season alot of ground chuck and make hamburgers.
I grill all of it in batches and then bring it into the kitchen to cool off and then it goes into the freezer for quick meals . I am at the library now and will be leaving soon to take my daughter to "Youth Meeting " at a church, so, when we get home I will thaw 2 grilled hamburger patties and we will have delicious cheeseburgers that is fast and easy and will save me $.
We can eat the chicken stips in fajitas or in a chef salad.
The baby back ribs go well with baked beans and "Cajun" potato salad. It is similar to regular american potato salad, except you chop the whites of the eggs and mince about 2 Tablespoon of onion or more and add them to the hot potatoes which you have salted and peppered and add 1 Tablespoon of mayo and toss lightly,set aside . In a small bowl mash the yolks and add about 2 Tablespoons of mayo, and about 1 Teaspoon of mustard and salt and pepper to the egg yolks. Mix the yolks and stuff, then, add it to the potato mixture. It tastes like deviled eggs.
If you like deviled eggs,you will probably like this potatoe salad. We Cajuns like it served warm.
I sometime grill some sausages too.
The steaks go great with "Loaded baked potatoes". I bake the potatoes and then scoop out the potato, leaving about 1/8th inch. on the skin. I then mix the potato with butter, salt, pepper, sour cream, Real bacon bits, cheddar cheese , and chives and a little bit of garlic powder,then bake them again just til hot and golden brown , and sedrve with a salad with buttery, garlic croutons . Man, that sounds good!
Just be creative.
Tamar

No comments:

Post a Comment