Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Decorating on a Dime







Sorry for the glare . I am just learning how to do all of this stuff.
Thank you for your patience.
As you can see, I love chickens and roosters .

I really enjoy decorating and so do most of my friends. Most of us want a warm, cozy, comfortable home that is inviting, however, I have two friends that don't really decorate and that is ok for them. Whenever I go to either of their houses, I find my mind wondering about all the endless possibilites I could come up with to decorate their houses. I have made some gentle suggestions, but , no fish were ever biting so, I just accepted that they are too busy with other things to care about decor.

I, on the other hand,have to have an outlet to be able to express myself and my home is it. I bought some gorgeous large gift bags (the black rooster on the left) at the Dollar Tree a few years ago, which had Roosters on the bags that looked like a Painting rather than a giftbag. I paid $2 and brought home a treasure. One bag, I have not framed yet.
Oh, and I bought 1 bag with a large pumpkin and a black crow and an old fence on it,for $1 and went home and framed them with frames I had purchased from the Goodwill. The larger one had a mat in it, so I painted the mat tan, using acrylic craft paint and then I got inspired.....

I mixed-in one drop of brown to the tan paint to darken it and painted "Roosters foot prints" going in one direction across the mat,making it look like marble (the 1st picture: this one was a reprint of a painting that I bought through an art shop $40, before I found the ones at the Dollar Tree for $1 each).
I enjoyed showing it to people just to see how many creative minds would notice the rooster prints on the mat. I had a few people notice it. Lots more did not notice it.

Think outside the box and frequent the 2nd hand stores and Goodwill and Salvation Army and Antique stores wherever you are able to. You too will find treasures.

I paid $5 for one frame and $1 for the rooster print and $.49 each for the 2 craft paints.
Not bad, $7 total.
I only paid $1 for the frame that has the pumpkin painting in it.
I haven't taken a pic of the pumpkin picture yet.

The 2 pics with the names "Chanteclair" and Le Coq" are $3 posters from Fred's Discount Store.
I bought the frames at the Goodwill for a few dollars each.
Tamar

No comments:

Post a Comment