Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

Baking Christmas Cookies with friends is so much fun.

This is a Tradition that I love; baking Christmas Cookies and sharing them with others. My best friend, Tracy and I and our daughters, get together to bake Christmas
cookies and it is so much fun. We cut out sugar cookies and bake them and and decorate them. Then, we eat some. Tracy and I enjoy doing lots of things together;
like sewing,baking, canning,watching new and old ones,crafts, and so on and so forth.
I am so ready for Autumn and Winter. I am over this heat. I am praying for Cool weather. Can you tell?
My favorite cookies are Snowball Cookies (my Mom used to make them every Christmas since my birth;
she's in Heaven now, so I bake them in her honor and memory.),





and Chocolate Chunk Pecan cookies,












Oatmeal Raisin cookies, Butter cookies,and Sugar Cookies using Snowflake cookie cutters.



MOM'S SNOWBALL COOKIES
(also known as Russian Tea Cakes and Mexican Wedding Cookies)

1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup chopped pecans
additional powdered sugar

Cream butter, sugar and vanilla until fully mixed. Add flour with salt to creamed mixture, blend throughly. Add nuts and mix well. Chill dough for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 400F. Shape into 1-inch balls and bake 8-10 minutes. Do not brown. Cool, then roll in powdered sugar.

Do not over bake or they will be crumbly and break
when you try to remove them from the cookie sheet.

I hope you have fond memories of Traditions made
with your Mom and Dad .
Make some memories today with your family.









Children love Traditions, husbands do to .
It gives us something to look forward to and
something to reminisce about.
Do something "sweet" for them today.

Enjoy.
Please share your Traditions and fond Holiday
memories with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment