Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Tuscaloosa's Thrift Store off of McFarland is Amazing....

and it benefits the local shelters. That makes it doubly wonderful.

We stopped in, to look for a toy to put in a baby turtles basin(later we will
get a small aquarium), so that this little turtle, which will be a year old on
October 15, can climb on to get out of the water. He is a red-eared slider . I had found him on the middle of the road in Ville Platte,La. and he still had his "egg-tooth" attached. This is used to crack open the shell so they can get out , and then it falls off.
This past June, I found a female red-eared slider near Ville Platte and we gave it to my daughters' best friend, who had asked us to look for one for her.
Anyway, I found two toys for the turtles; Noah's ark(s)....one for him (Jack Boudreaux) and one for the female (Juni)or Juniper.
Then, I just had to look around....I found a beautiful tea pot for $10,

and two really great laptop cases for 49 cents and one for $2.85.
Oh, and I found 2 "S'MORES Snowman Mugs" to add to my collection for 49 cents each.

I love thrift stores.
We will be stopping there to shop for bargains everytime we pass through on our way to La. and also at the "Old Timey General Store" in Mississippi that I had mentioned in an earlier blog. . I guarantee.

No comments:

Post a Comment